Our Vision: The Internet Is for Everyone.
The Internet Society supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on:
- Building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work;
- Advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and
- Advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet
Highlights of Activities
To help achieve our mission, the Internet Society:
- Facilitates open development of standards, protocols, administration, and the technical infrastructure of the Internet.
- Supports education in developing countries specifically, and wherever the need exists.
- Promotes professional development and builds community to foster participation and leadership in areas important to the evolution of the Internet.
- Provides reliable information about the Internet.
- Provides forums for discussion of issues that affect Internet evolution, development and use in technical, commercial, societal, and other contexts.
- Fosters an environment for international cooperation, community, and a culture that enables self-governance to work.
- Serves as a focal point for cooperative efforts to promote the Internet as a positive tool to benefit all people throughout the world.
- Provides management and coordination for on-strategy initiatives and outreach efforts in humanitarian, educational, societal, and other contexts.