Understanding the basics of technology can help to understand better the challenges and become part of the solution
Members of the ISOC community provide their vision toward a future Internet that is more sustainable, private, secure, and resilient
Sharing lessons from the Swiss Internet ecosystem on policy, regulation, and Internet activism with the wider ISOC community
The Internet Society Switzerland Chapter (ISOC-CH) is a non-governmental not-for-profit association seated in Zurich, Switzerland, founded in 2012. ISOC-CH is a recognized Chapter of the global Internet Society, founded in 1992.
With a goal of benefiting the whole community, including academic, professional, business and private Internet users, ISOC-CH aims to ensure a multi-stakeholder participation in the development of the Internet in the Swiss context.
We are in close cooperation, collaboration and mediation with private, public and civil society sectors for the development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in Switzerland.
ISOC-CH works in the following areas:
- Building trust and stability in networks
- Internet and related standards
- Digital sovereignty
- New Technologies (IPv6, DNSsec, etc.)
- Policy and regulation
Upcoming EventsNo Events
- ISOC-CH to support disassociation from DigiGes Platform statement
- ISOC-CH, pEp Foundation and Pirate Party recommend rejection of the parliamentary initiative Pult
- General Assembly 2022
- A vision for the future of the Internet
- Can Russian Wikipedia go offline?
How to join ISOC?
If you would like to join ISOC through the ISOC Switzerland Chapter, please fill the contact form in the Membership Section.