Annual General Assembly 2018
The Annual General Assembly meeting of the Swiss chapter of Internet Society will take place on 27 April at the University of Bern from 18.15-20.00, followed by a reception. Please note that the General Assembly will be preceded by a half-day event (14.00-17.30) dedicated to the implementation of privacy-enhancing standards for digital communication as part of the Values of Internet Technologies workshop series . The event is held at welle7 (situated 5 minutes away from the venue of the General Assembly). Registration is open at: https://www.isoc.ch/events/vit2
Please reserve your seat by registering below.
Final General Assembly agenda:
- Election of two vote counters
- Agenda Bashing
- Presentation & acceptance (or rejection) of reports
- Preceding GA (minutes)
- Board (incl. Activity report 2017)
- PPAC report 2017
- Financial statement
- Oversight Committee
- Discharge of Board members
- Proposal for modification of the Statutes (see Annex below)
- Funding an educational campaign around the risks of network blocking (in the context of the casino law referendum)
- Members of the Board
- Members of the Oversight Committee
- Presentation & acceptance (or rejection) of Budget 2018
- Discussion with members: e-voting in Switzerland (20 mins)
- Proposal for amending paragraph § 15 of the Statutes – submitted by the ISOC-CH Board:
The Board shall be composed of a minimum of five members, reflecting adequate diversity and stakeholder balance.
The members of the Board are:
• Vice-chairperson for internal affairs
• Vice-chairperson for external affairs
The GA may elect additional members as may be necessary to provide for the effective operation of the Chapter. The total number of Board members shall not exceed nine members.
Rationale: The revised stature will give the Board more flexibility and allow to cover gaps in case of illness or unexpected absence. In addition, it would make it easier to reflect adequate diversity and stakeholder balance.
2. Counter-proposal submitted by Bernie Hoeneisen: ISOC-CH Statutes_GA-2018-CR3
Proposals for additional agenda items could be submitted in writing to the Board before 7 April. The final agenda was published on 12 April.
Here are the 2018 ISOC-CH General Assembly Minutes.
Registration for this event is closed.