ISOC-CH is participating in the celebration of ISOC’s 25th anniversary and is co-hosting a special half-day event at CERN Globe on 19 September. To mark the anniversary via the Intercommunity Forum (ICOMM), we teamed up with ISOC to organise a ‘celebration node’, which will include a live session broadcasted around the world.
We invite you to contribute to the discussions and join us to raise a glass for Internet Society’s 25th anniversary. Please mark your calendars for this celebration.
Due to space constraints, the number of places for this event is limited. We will be opening the registration on a first-come, first-served basis. A formal invitation will be issued shortly.
09:30 – 10:00: Tour of the CERN Globe museum
10:00 – 10:30: Welcoming participants (Coffee available)
10:30 – 11:45: Pre session: Network blocking discussion
Moderator: Richard Hill, Vice-Chair External, ISOC-CH
- Norbert Bollow, Digitale Gesellschaft
- Grace Eden, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
- Bernie Hoeneisen, ISOC-CH
- Nicolas Seidler, Internet Society
12:50 – 14.00: Live session: Will the Internet of Things undermine the Internet of Trust?
Moderator: Frédéric Donck, Director, European Regional Bureau, Internet Society
- Ben Segal, Internet Hall of Fame
- François Flückiger, Internet Hall of Fame
- Robert Cailliau, Internet Hall of Fame
- Roxana Radu, ISOC-CH
- Alberto Pace, CERN, Head of Storage
- Monique Morrow, President and Co-Founder of the Humanized Internet
14:00 – 14:40 Champagne reception with Hors D’Oeuvres
14:45 – Tour of CERN (registration needed in advance, minibus transport)
We look forward to having many of you present on 19 September!