Incident Response for Policymakers
The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) will host a half-day course titled “Incident Response for Policymakers” on Monday, December 18th 2017 from 9am through 12:30am for government officials at the headquarters of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) in Geneva. This workshop is timed to occur in conjunction with the 2017 Internet Governance Forum proceedings.
This half-day course is targeted at policy makers interested in cyber security, and will provide a wide overview of how the internet community mitigates security incidents. It is not technical in nature and accessible to both cyber policy experts focused on cyber security, and those interested in how incident response and resilience help protect economic capability.
The following topics will be covered in depth:
- Where does Incident Response fit into a national cyber security strategy?
- What are Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRT) and how were they conceived?
- What are typical functions of Incident Response teams?
- How do CSIRT cooperate across international boundaries and across industries?
- How is trust developed between incident response teams?
- Where do you start at building a new Cyber Security Incident Response capability?
- How is CSIRT maturity measured and increased?
The workshop will be taught by FIRST instructors Michael Hausding, Serge Droz and Maarten Van Horenbeeck. Significant time will be allocated to the exchange of experiences, questions and answers and networking between the policy makers attending. The workshop is free of charge to policy makers attending the Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
The training will be held in Room M, which is on the first floor of ITU’s Montbrillant Building, 2 rue de Varembé, 1211 Geneva.
Participants should arrive at the main Reception Desk of the Montbrillant building with a photo ID which they will need to exchange for a visitor’s badge for the duration of the training.
For more information on the workshop, or to reserve a spot at the ITU headquarters to attend, please fill in the registration form.