ISOC-CH has made a submission to the February-September 2016 Open Consultation of the ITU Council Working Group on International Internet-related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet). ISOC also made a submission.
The topic of this consultation was “Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet”. The following specific questions were addressed:
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote Internet connectivity?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote an affordable Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote the quality of access to the Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to build confidence and security in the use of the Internet?
- What is the role of Governments in building an enabling environment?
Both ISOC-CH and ISOC presented their submissions during the physical meeting on 11 October, and both submissions were well received.
As stated in the summary report of the consultation, many of the submissions made similar points and raised similar issues. Overall, there was a good and positive discussion, with general agreement on key steps to take to continue to build an enabling environment for access to the Internet.
The cited summary report will be submitted to the ITU CWG-Internet.